Mountain Trails Lodge is the perfect spot to hold a retreat or meeting, and to gather with family & friends. Guest rooms, cottages and common areas create an idyllic setting for small conferences, training, workshops, church retreats, family reunions, or end of year field trips for your school or organization.
Toss a frisbee or take a stroll inside our fenced property. But PLEASE do not leave children unsupervised outside. We can have heavy traffic around the cabins on busy weekends, and please be aware of thorny plants, poisonous snakes and other critters that call the Chihuahuan Desert home.
Keep an eye out for our resident Texas horned lizard, Spike! She is often spotted lounging between the cabins, and this spring we spotted her with a baby!
We are a viewing location on the West Texas Bird & Wildlife Trail. Look for Cactus wrens, black-chinned hummingbirds, curvebilled thrashers, scaled quail and Say’s Phoebe, who nest on our property. Herds of mouflan, javelina, antelope and deer roam near the property. And occasionally, we spot a ring-tailed cat or a fox!
Keep your group dynamics flowing with on-site meals, just a short walk from your rooms!
We offer two options:
- Add meals to your Group Lodging package, and let us do the cooking & cleaning for you! We offer an amazing menu of home cooked meals. Almond French toast with fresh strawberries and applewood smoked bacon for breakfast? Yes, please!
- Rent our space so you can prepare the meals yourself in our updated historic commercial kitchen and serve your scrumptious meals in our beautifully appointed dining hall!
NOTE: Groups must designate no more than four people who will be responsible for cooking and cleaning, and a signed rental agreement and deposit are required.
Our dining room seats up to 36 people. For larger groups, folding tables and chairs can be set up in the reception area and outdoor pavilion for an additional 48 seats. The dining room features two generous buffet tables and a drink station for iced tea, water or coffee. (We are in a dry county, but feel free to bring your own alcoholic beverages.)
Our commercial kitchen includes:
- Gas range
- Gas stove
- Stainless steel prep tables and dry storage shelves
- Preparation and cooking bowls, pans and utensils
- Commercial 3-sink wash area
- Reach-in commercial refrigerator
- Reach-in chest freezer
- Plates, glasses, napkins and utensils
- Serving pans, platters and utensils
Photos of dining hall by Dave Larson